If you have a pipe burst, please call ITS Environmental Services for immediate assistance. We specialize in flood mitigation and restoration and offer free inspections and estimates. Let us restore your home or business with our expert care and service.
At ITS Environmental Services, the safety of our customers is our number one priority. Information is crucial when it comes to protecting your family, loved ones and your employees. We have included several resource pages on our website to provide information concerning various natural and environmental disasters.
Pipe Burst Prevention & Tips
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes:
- Wrap electrical heating tape on exterior pipes and remove garden hoses from faucets.
- Cover pipes with foam rubber or fiberglass insulation and secure it with tape.
- Let cold and hot water faucets drip. Running water helps prevent freezing pipes and reduces pressure build up.
- Inside the home, open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to promote warm air circulation around plumbing.
- Leave the thermostat at the same temperature both day and night, at least 55°F.
How to Thaw Frozen Pipes:
- Locate the problem pipe, if possible, and open a faucet. As the pipe thaws, running water aids the melting process.
- Apply heat to the frozen section using a hand‐held hair dryer or portable electric space heater. Do not use a blow torch as it could cause the pipe to explode. Do not use a propane or kerosene heater as these are hazardous for indoor use.
- If you are unable to locate or access the frozen pipe area, call a licensed plumber.
- If all else fails and you experience a burst pipe that results in water damage, shut off the main water valve and contact a professional water damage restoration company with trained technicians and extraction, drying and dehumidifying equipment.
Helpful Tips to Prevent More Damage:
- Be careful of any hazards in the flooded area such as live wires, slip/fall risks, falling ceiling tiles if the leak is overhead, and other other potential hazards. Do not enter the area if you think there are any risks to your health and safety, and call a professional water restoration specialist immediately.
- If it’s safe to do so, shut off the main water valve, and call a plumber to fix the leak.
- If it’s safe to do so, mop up standing water on flooring surfaces to prevent slip/fall hazards.
- If it’s safe to do so, remove dry contents to an unaffected area and put furniture on blocks above the water surface to prevent further damage if possible.
How to Prevent Mold Growth:
- Mold thrives on wood, paper, particle board or even household soil, when stagnant air, moisture, and temperatures between 68°F and 86°F degrees are present.
- Drying the area as quickly as possible will reduce the risk of mold growth.
- Wet clothing usually is salvageable. A 10‐minute wash cycle in detergent and hot water should sanitize washable clothing and many household fabrics.
If you have a flood in your home or office, call ITS Environmental Services for emergency flood mitigation. We are IICRC Certified professionals and have the knowledge, experience and equipment to locate water wherever it goes, remove the excess, and dry your structure to industry standards. Taking action quickly is the best way to reduce additional damage such as mold growth, which can be a health risk. If mold growth has started, we provide full service mold remediation. We will perform a thorough inspection and provide a free no-obligation estimate.
The safety of our customers is our #1 priority. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime at 1-855-862-7474. We are here to help. Thank you and stay safe!
At ITS Environmental Services, we provide complete emergency HAZMAT cleanup, disinfection and site remediation & restoration services. Our highly experienced technicians are available for immediate emergency cleanup following a natural or environmental event. We use state-of-the-art equipment and advanced cleaning methodologies on all jobs. We follow strict standards and regulations to maximize safety.
Content Packout & Storage Services
If you’ve had a flood or fire in your home or office, or if you require mold abatement, we can take the unaffected contents and store it in our clean and safe warehouse until the affected area has been cleaned & fully restored. We have the ability to pack out and transport personal property to our warehouse for your short term or long term storage solutions. We will carefully wrap, package and inventory the items and label each box. We provide protective coverings for all furniture and items of value. We securely load the contents onto our trucks and safely deliver it to our warehouse. Our warehouse is climate controlled and equipped with central station monitoring, fire and theft alarms and sprinkler system. We have a fleet of box trucks and vans to accommodate any size job. We will also deliver the contents back to you when it is safe to do so.
Restoring & Rebuilding Your Property
If you have damage to your property, whether it was caused by a flood or fire in your home or business, or you had mold removal performed, or have storm damage, we can provide a complete rebuild of the affected area and restore your home or business to its pre-loss condition. We understand that you want to have your home back to normal for your family or reduce additional economic loss to your business. We can provide you with a free no-obligation estimate for the repair and restore of your property, and if an insurance claim was submitted, we can help negotiate with your insurance company. Call us today for your free no-obligation estimate.
For a more detailed description of each of the Restoration Services we provide, please visit our Services pages, which are listed in both the top and left side menu.
We Follow Strict Standards
From start to finish, ITS Environmental Services, Inc. is a leading expert in environmental restoration and remediation in the New York and Tri State area. We will handle every facet of any size commercial or residential flood mitigation, mold remediation and fire & smoke damage restoration project. In addition to our water mitigation & drying, mold remediation & removal and fire/smoke damage restoration services, we provide emergency biohazard cleanup, disinfection for germs, viruses and bacteria, animal damage cleanup, trauma, death & crime scene cleanup, gross filth & hoarding cleanup, odor removal, oil, fuel & chemical spill mitigation and other environmental hazardous restoration services. We also offer packing, moving & storage for personal property during the restoration process and rebuilds of damaged property. Our team has substantial training and experience, and we incorporate the most advanced mitigation techniques, equipment and methodologies to provide the highest effective restoration process. We follow the strict standards of the IICRC, CDC & EPA on every project. We are highly experienced, IICRC and CEICR Certified and fully insured. We offer free inspections and estimates, and we will negotiate with insurance carriers on behalf of our clients. Call us today 1-855-862-7474.
Call ITS Environmental Services Today
Over the past 10 years, ITS Environmental Services has become the leading restoration company for all types of remediation in homes and commercial properties. We will restore and rebuild any property back to a safe environment. We provide emergency service for homes and businesses damaged by flooding, fire & smoke, mold, biohazardous waste, odors, germs, viruses & bacteria, blood and bodily fluids due to crime, death & trauma related events, animal & pests, gross filth, hoarding, fuel, oil & chemical spills and other environmental hazards throughout New York, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are in need of property restoration from environmental damage, please call us today. We understand the challenges facing our customers when they contact us, and we will do our utmost to assist you every step of the way. We will perform a No-Obligation inspection and provide you with a detailed estimate of the work to be performed, and we will assist you in negotiating with your insurance carrier. ITS Environmental Services, Inc. is a fully insured corporation, IICRC & CEICR Certified and all of our technicians are trained and certified. Call us today at 1-855-862-7474.