If you have flooding, please call ITS Environmental Services for immediate assistance. We offer free inspections and estimates. We are leading experts in flood & storm damage mitigation and restoration. Let us restore your home or business with our expert care.
At ITS Environmental Services, the safety of our customers is our number one priority. Information is crucial when it comes to protecting your family, loved ones and your employees. We have included several resource pages on our website to provide information concerning various natural and environmental disasters.
How to Prepare for a Flood
Before a flood occurs, it’s important to be prepared. Learn how to prepare for a flood before it happens to help keep you and your family safe.
Do you know if you live in a flash-flood prone area? If you’re not sure, contact the local county authority to find out if your home is located in a flash-flood-prone area or landslide-prone area.
If there is a potential for a flood in your area, plan ahead to keep yourself and your family safe with these steps:
- Make a communication plan and a disaster plan for your family
- Plan and practice a flood evacuation route with your family. Ask an out-of-state relative or friend to be the “family contact” in case your family is separated during a flood. Make sure everyone in your family knows the name, address, and phone number of this contact person.
- Stay informed. Learn about your community’s emergency plans, warning signals, evacuation routes, and locations of emergency shelters.
- Inform local authorities about any special needs, i.e., elderly or bedridden people, or anyone with a disability.
Get your home ready for a flood:
- Make sure you secure and protected from any hazards in your home before the flood strikes.
- Be prepared to turn off electrical power, gas & water when there is standing water, fallen power lines, or before you evacuate.
- Turn off gas and water supplies before you evacuate.
- If it’s safe to do so, secure structurally unstable building materials.
- Buy and install smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors, and purchase a fire extinguisher, at least one per floor. Make sure your family knows where it is and how to use it.
- Have flashlights ready and extra batteries in case the power goes out and light is reduced.
- Charge all devices in advance. Consider purchasing portable chargers.
- Fill your car with gasoline in advance in case you need to evacuate.
- Buy and install sump pumps with back-up power.
- Have a licensed electrician raise electric components (switches, sockets, circuit breakers and wiring) at least 12″ above your home’s projected flood elevation.
- For drains, toilets, and other sewer connections, install backflow valves or plugs to prevent floodwaters from entering.
- Anchor fuel tanks which can contaminate your basement if torn free. An unanchored tank outside can be swept downstream and damage other houses.
If you are under a flood watch or warning:
- Gather the emergency supplies you previously stocked in your home and stay tuned to local radio or television station for updates.
- Turn off all utilities at the main power switch and close the main gas valve if evacuation appears necessary.
- Have your immunization records handy or be aware of your last tetanus shot, in case you should receive a puncture wound or a wound becomes contaminated during or after the flood.
- Prepare an emergency water supply. Store at least 1 gallon of water per day for each person and each pet. Store at least a 3-day supply.
- Bring outdoor possessions, such as lawn furniture, grills and trash cans inside or tie them down securely.
- Create an emergency supply kit:
- Stock your home with supplies you may need during the flood by creating an emergency supply kit.
Be sure to also include the following supplies in your kit:
- An emergency kit for your car with food, flares, booster cables, maps, tools, a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, sleeping bags, etc.
- Rubber boots, sturdy shoes, and waterproof gloves.
- Insect repellent containing DEET or Picaridin, screens, or long-sleeved and long-legged clothing for protection from mosquitoes which may gather in pooled water remaining after the flood.
Prepare a food and water supply:
- Make sure you and your family have enough safe food and water (for drinking, cooking, bathing, etc.) available in the event of a flood.
Prepare to evacuate:
- Never ignore an evacuation order. Authorities will direct you to leave if you are in a low-lying area or within the greatest potential path of rising waters.
Even if you haven’t been ordered to evacuate yet, it’s always best to be prepared when a flood watch is issued.
To prepare your home, car, and loved ones for a potential evacuation:
- Fill your vehicle’s gas tank and make sure the emergency kit for your car is ready.
- If no vehicle is available, make arrangements with friends or family for transportation.
- Identify essential documents such as medical records, insurance card along with ID cards and put in waterproof material to carry with you during evacuation.
- Fill your clean water containers.
- If you have pet, identify a shelter designated for pets.
- Review your emergency plans and supplies, checking to see if any items are missing.
- Tune in the radio or television for weather updates.
- Listen for disaster sirens and warning signals.
- Put family pets in a safe area. Due to food and sanitation requirements, emergency shelters cannot accept animals.
- Adjust the thermostat on refrigerators and freezers to the coolest possible temperature.
If you are ordered to evacuate:
- If a flood warning is issued for your area or you are directed by authorities to evacuate the area:
- Take only essential items with you.
- If you have time, turn off the gas, electricity, and water.
- Disconnect appliances to prevent electrical shock when power is restored.
- Follow the designated evacuation routes and expect heavy traffic.
- Do not attempt to drive or walk across creeks or flooded roads.
- If you are NOT ordered to evacuate:
- To get through the storm in the safest possible manner:
- Monitor the radio or television for weather updates.
- Prepare to evacuate to a shelter or to a neighbor’s home if your home is damaged, or if you are instructed to do so by emergency personnel.
If you have a flood in your home or office, call ITS Environmental Services for emergency flood mitigation. We are IICRC Certified professionals and have the knowledge, experience and equipment to locate water wherever it goes, remove the excess, and dry your structure to industry standards. Taking action quickly is the best way to reduce additional damage such as mold growth, which can be a health risk. If mold growth has started, we provide full service mold remediation. We will perform a thorough inspection and provide a free no-obligation estimate.
The safety of our customers is our #1 priority. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime. We are here to help.
At ITS Environmental Services, we provide complete emergency HAZMAT cleanup, disinfection and site remediation & restoration services. Our highly experienced technicians are available for immediate emergency cleanup following a natural or environmental event. We use state-of-the-art equipment and advanced cleaning methodologies on all jobs. We follow strict standards and regulations to maximize safety.
Content Pack Out & Storage Services
If you’ve had a flood or fire in your home or office, or if you require mold abatement, we can take the unaffected contents and store it in our clean and safe warehouse until the affected area has been cleaned & fully restored. We have the ability to pack out and transport personal property to our warehouse for your short term or long term storage solutions. We will carefully wrap, package and inventory the items and label each box. We provide protective coverings for all furniture and items of value. We securely load the contents onto our trucks and safely deliver it to our warehouse. Our warehouse is climate controlled and equipped with central station monitoring, fire and theft alarms and sprinkler system. We have a fleet of box trucks and vans to accommodate any size job. We will also deliver the contents back to you when it is safe to do so.
Restoring & Rebuilding Your Property
If you have damage to your property, whether it was caused by a flood or fire in your home or business, or you had mold removal performed, or have storm damage, we can provide a complete rebuild of the affected area and restore your home or business to its pre-loss condition. We understand that you want to have your home back to normal for your family or reduce additional economic loss to your business. We can provide you with a free no-obligation estimate for the repair and restore of your property, and if an insurance claim was submitted, we can help negotiate with your insurance company. Call us today for your free no-obligation estimate.
For a more detailed description of each of the Restoration Services we provide, please visit our Services pages, which are listed in both the top and left side menu.
We Follow Strict Standards
From start to finish, ITS Environmental Services, Inc. is a leading expert in environmental restoration and remediation in the New York and Tri State area. We will handle every facet of any size commercial or residential flood mitigation, mold remediation and fire & smoke damage restoration project. In addition to our water mitigation & drying, mold remediation & removal and fire/smoke damage restoration services, we provide emergency biohazard cleanup, disinfection for germs, viruses and bacteria, animal damage cleanup, trauma, death & crime scene cleanup, gross filth & hoarding cleanup, odor removal, oil, fuel & chemical spill mitigation and other environmental hazardous restoration services. We also offer packing, moving & storage for personal property during the restoration process and rebuilds of damaged property. Our team has substantial training and experience, and we incorporate the most advanced mitigation techniques, equipment and methodologies to provide the highest effective restoration process. We follow the strict standards of the IICRC, CDC & EPA on every project. We are highly experienced, IICRC and CEICR Certified and fully insured. We offer free inspections and estimates, and we will negotiate with insurance carriers on behalf of our clients. Call us today 1-855-862-7474.
Call ITS Environmental Services Today
Over the past 10 years, ITS Environmental Services has become the leading restoration company for all types of remediation in homes and commercial properties. We will restore and rebuild any property back to a safe environment. We provide emergency service for homes and businesses damaged by flooding, fire & smoke, mold, biohazardous waste, odors, germs, viruses & bacteria, blood and bodily fluids due to crime, death & trauma related events, animal & pests, gross filth, hoarding fuel, oil & chemical spills and other environmental hazards throughout New York, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are in need of property restoration from environmental damage, please call us today. We understand the challenges facing our customers when they contact us, and we will do our utmost to assist you every step of the way. We will perform a No-Obligation inspection and provide you with a detailed estimate of the work to be performed, and we will assist you in negotiating with your insurance carrier. ITS Environmental Services, Inc. is a fully insured corporation, IICRC & CEICR Certified and all of our technicians are trained and certified. Call us today at 1-855-862-7474.