Planning for hurricane season and other potential disasters takes time and planning. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, you will need more time to prepare in order to help you and your family stay safe during hurricane season this year.
At ITS Environmental Services, the safety of our customers is our number one priority. Information is crucial when it comes to protecting your family, loved ones and your employees. We have included several resource pages on our website to provide information concerning various natural and environmental disasters.
Here are some tips from the CDC and emergency response professionals to help you safely prepare, evacuate, and shelter for severe storms while protecting yourself and others from COVID-19.
Prepare for hurricane season:
- Understand that your planning may be different this year because of the need to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- Give yourself more time than usual to prepare your emergency food, water, and medicine supplies. Home delivery is the safest choice for buying disaster supplies; however, that may not be an option for everyone. If in-person shopping is your only choice, take steps to protect your and others’ health when running essential errands.
- Protect yourself and others when filling prescriptions by limiting in-person visits to the pharmacy. Sign up for mail order delivery or call in your prescription ahead of time and use drive-through windows or curbside pickup, if available.
- Pay attention to local guidance about updated plans for evacuations and shelters, including potential shelters for your pets.
- If you need to evacuate, prepare a “go kit” with personal items you cannot do without during an emergency. Include items that can help protect you and others from COVID-19, such as hand sanitizer, or bar or liquid soap, and two cloth face coverings for each person. Face covers should not be used by children under the age of 2. They also should not be used by people having trouble breathing, or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- When you check on neighbors and friends, be sure to follow social distancing recommendations (staying at least 6 feet, about 2 arms’ length, from others) and other CDC recommendations to protect yourself and others.
- If you need to go to a disaster shelter, follow CDC recommendations for staying safe and healthy in a public disaster shelter during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stay safe after a hurricane
In addition to following guidance for staying safe and healthy after a hurricane, note that:
- You should continue to use preventive actions like washing your hands and wearing a face covering during clean up or when returning home.
- It may take longer than usual to restore power and water if they are out. Take steps to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning if you use a generator.
- If you are injured or ill, contact your medical provider for treatment recommendations. Keep wounds clean to prevent infection. Remember, accessing medical care may be more difficult than usual during the pandemic.
- Dealing with disasters can cause stress and strong emotions, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is natural to feel anxiety, grief, and worry. Coping with these feelings and getting help when you need it will help you, your family, and your community recover.
- People with preexisting mental health conditions should continue with their treatment and be aware of new or worsening symptoms.
If you have a flood in your home or office, call ITS Environmental Services for emergency flood mitigation. We are IICRC Certified professionals and have the knowledge, experience and equipment to locate water wherever it goes, remove the excess, and dry your structure to industry standards. Taking action quickly is the best way to reduce additional damage such as mold growth, which can be a health risk. If mold growth has started, we provide full service mold remediation. We will perform a thorough inspection and provide a free no-obligation estimate.
The safety of our customers is our #1 priority. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime. We are here to help.
At ITS Environmental Services, we provide complete emergency HAZMAT cleanup, disinfection and site remediation & restoration services. Our highly experienced technicians are available for immediate emergency cleanup following a natural or environmental event. We use state-of-the-art equipment and advanced cleaning methodologies on all jobs. We follow strict standards and regulations to maximize safety.
Content Packout & Storage Services
If you’ve had a flood or fire in your home or office, or if you require mold, asbestos or lead abatement, we can take the unaffected contents and store it in our clean and safe warehouse until the affected area has been cleaned & fully restored. We have the ability to pack out and transport personal property to our warehouse for your short term or long term storage solutions. We will carefully wrap, package and inventory the items and label each box. We provide protective coverings for all furniture and items of value. We securely load the contents onto our trucks and safely deliver it to our warehouse. Our warehouse is climate controlled and equipped with central station monitoring, fire and theft alarms and sprinkler system. We have a fleet of box trucks and vans to accommodate any size job. We will also deliver the contents back to you when it is safe to do so.
Restoring & Rebuilding Your Property
If you have damage to your property, whether it was caused by a flood or fire in your home or business, or you had mold, lead or asbestos removal performed, or have storm damage, we can provide a complete rebuild of the affected area and restore your home or business to its pre-loss condition. We understand that you want to have your home back to normal for your family or reduce additional economic loss to your business. We can provide you with a free no-obligation estimate for the repair and restore of your property, and if an insurance claim was submitted, we can help negotiate with your insurance company. Call us today for your free no-obligation estimate.
For a more detailed description of each of the Restoration Services we provide, please visit our Services pages, which are listed in both the top and left side menu.
We Follow Strict Standards
From start to finish, ITS Environmental Services, Inc. is a leading expert in environmental restoration and remediation in the New York and Tri State area. We will handle every facet of any size commercial or residential flood mitigation, mold remediation and fire & smoke damage restoration project. In addition to our water mitigation & drying, mold remediation & removal and fire/smoke damage restoration services, we provide emergency biohazard cleanup, disinfection for germs, viruses and bacteria, animal damage cleanup, trauma, death & crime scene cleanup, gross filth & hoarding cleanup, odor removal, asbestos and lead abatement & removal, oil, fuel & chemical spill mitigation and other environmental hazardous restoration services. We also offer packing, moving & storage for personal property during the restoration process and rebuilds of damaged property. Our team has substantial training and experience, and we incorporate the most advanced mitigation techniques, equipment and methodologies to provide the highest effective restoration process. We follow the strict standards of the IICRC, CDC & EPA on every project. We are highly experienced, IICRC and CEICR Certified and fully insured. We offer free inspections and estimates, and we will negotiate with insurance carriers on behalf of our clients. Call us today 1-855-862-7474.
Call ITS Environmental Services Today
Over the past 10 years, ITS Environmental Services has become the leading restoration company for all types of remediation in homes and commercial properties. We will restore and rebuild any property back to a safe environment. We provide emergency service for homes and businesses damaged by flooding, fire & smoke, mold, biohazardous waste, odors, germs, viruses & bacteria, blood and bodily fluids due to crime, death & trauma related events, animal & pests, gross filth, hoarding, asbestos, lead, fuel, oil & chemical spills and other environmental hazards throughout New York, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are in need of property restoration from environmental damage, please call us today. We understand the challenges facing our customers when they contact us, and we will do our utmost to assist you every step of the way. We will perform a No-Obligation inspection and provide you with a detailed estimate of the work to be performed, and we will assist you in negotiating with your insurance carrier. ITS Environmental Services, Inc. is a fully insured corporation, IICRC & CEICR Certified and all of our technicians are trained and certified. Call us today at 1-855-862-7474.